UPDATE: Here is the full list of Cabinet appointments...
The new cabinet appointed and sworn into office by the Lieutenant-Governor in a ceremony today is:
- Premier – Hon. Christy Clark
- Deputy Premier and Minister of Finance – Hon. Kevin Falcon
- Minister of Aboriginal Relations and Reconciliation – Hon. Mary Polak
- Minister of Advanced Education – Hon. Naomi Yamamoto
- Minister of Agriculture – Hon. Don McRae
- Attorney General – Hon. Barry Penner
- Minister of Children and Family Development – Hon. Mary McNeil
- Minister of Community, Sport and Cultural Development – Hon. Ida Chong
- Minister of Education – Hon. George Abbott
- Minister of Energy and Mines (minister responsible for Housing) – Hon. Rich Coleman
- Minister of Environment – Hon. Terry Lake
- Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations – Hon. Steve Thomson
- Minister of Health – Hon. Michael de Jong
- Minister of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation – Hon. Pat Bell
- Minister of Labour, Citizens’ Services and Open Government – Hon. Stephanie Cadieux
- Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General – Hon. Shirley Bond
- Minister of Social Development (minister responsible for multiculturalism) – Hon. Harry Bloy
- Minister of Transportation and Infrastructure – Hon. Blair Lekstrom
Additionally, 10 MLAs have been named as parliamentary secretaries, and will work with ministers to focus on key initiatives of government.
Rich Coleman will serve as the Government House Leader and Terry Lake will be the deputy Government House Leader. Ben Stewart will be the Government whip.
Follow us @CityCaucus and @MikeKlassen throughout the day for updates.
Leave your comments about the changes below.
- post by Mike