From: Timm, Tom
Sent: Friday, March 12, 2010 3:17 PM
To: ENG All Staff (COV) - DL
Cc: Sanderson, Sherrill
Subject: FW: retirement

Please see the attached note from Dr. Ballem which announces my decision to retire from my position as City Engineer.

I am very proud of what Engineering Services, as a Department, and as part of the larger City organization, has been able to accomplish in helping to build what is widely recognized as the best City in the world to live. That recognition is a tribute to both the political leadership that the City has enjoyed over the years and to the excellent service that it has received from the administration and from all of our employees. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to be a part of this organization.

We have also all rightly felt proud of our contributions to the huge success of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games which provided the opportunity for us to showcase Vancouver to the world. That event will certainly stand as the single largest highlight of my career with the City.

I would like to thank all of you who I have worked with for your efforts on behalf of the City, and for the support that you have given me, particularly over my past five years as City Engineer. I wish you all continued success as you work on behalf of the citizens of Vancouver to maintain the quality of life that sets this City apart.